It’s been just about a month since Bryan and I moved into our house – this charming, mid-century ranch house full of strange paint choices and 65-year-old quirks. We have our hands full with projects – both large and small – to tackle in this place.
I’m happy to report that we’ve completed our first room makeover: the living room. If you’ll remember (how could you forget?) what it looked like before:
Carpet, curtains, mauve, dark dark dark
Here’s what she looks like now!
In this room, we:
- Painted the ceiling, walls, trim and doors (all Ultra Pure White by Behr)
- Removed the old carpet
- Replaced the curtains
Some products to note:
- Black and white flag – Urban Outfitters
- Black and white rug – Target
- White curtains – World Market
- Record cabinet – Ikea
- Cat tipi – Cattipi.com
- Pillows – Anthropologie
- Floral couch, metal crates, lamp, armoire, pink mirror, industrial cart coffee table, television stand – Thrifted
So far, it’s my favorite room in the house. The light! The white! I can’t wait to tackle the next one.