I’ve been feeling lonely lately. I think it has to do with the holiday season. I love love love this time of the year, but it’s hard being away from friends and family during this time, too. Especially when I have no new Denver friends to speak of.
I have kind of taken this frustration out on God, feeling like he’s been witholding so much from me to teach me some sort of lesson over the past few months. My prayers lately have gone something like this: “God, it’s been four months. Just tell me what you want me to learn already! This is getting ridiculous.”
And then, today, four out-of-the-ordinary things happened.
1. Phil, the pastor of the church plant we’ve been attending, surprised me at work just to say hello and to see how I was doing.
2. My neighbor, Amanda, invited me over for a glass of wine tonight, since Coleman’s out of town.
3. A resident from the office where I worked in Atlanta called me today out of the blue, just to catch up.
4. My uncle and his two little sons came into my office to say hello to me this evening.
None of these things are the huge changes I’ve been praying for, but collectively, they sweetened the sour mood I’ve had lately. So, thanks God for sending me a few gifts today. It really helped.
Add a fifth thing to that list! And this is the best thing to happen to me all day. Really, the best thing in weeks!!
5. My best friend Jenny is coming to Denver to visit in January!!!!!!!!!!!
If I weren’t at work, I would cry. Thank you, God! Thank you thank you thank you!
One thought on “Like a breath of fresh air”
I CAN’T WAIT!!! yeah for colorado and for my bestest