1. Why does NBC feel that Coldplay and Kanye West are the only artists who can truly accentuate an Olympic montage?
2. Speaking of the Olympics, it was exactly 20 years ago, during the 1988 Olympic games in Seoul, Korea, when 4-year-old Jillian was watching the women’s floor routines in the living room by herself, decided she wanted to be a gymnast, dove off of the couch trying to do a flip, and cracked her head open on the side of the tv. She still has the scar on her forehead to prove it.
3. My friend Adrienne went to a wedding a few weekends ago that was more like a high school reunion. I couldn’t go because I live too far away. Also because I wasn’t invited. Ever since she went, though, I’ve been having dreams about people from high school.
4. I’m at work listening to the Counting Crows station on Pandora. It’s the best decision I’ve made all day.
5. A lot of Denver people have tattoos. I want another tattoo. My mom was right when she said this would happen.
6. A lot of Denver people ride bikes everywhere. I don’t have a bike, but I kind of want one. Funny thing is, I don’t ride bikes. But I might start. Joel and Marlin say they won’t get bikes because everyone else has them, and they would rather drive to the movie theater than ride their bikes to one. It’s dangerous to ride home in the dark once the movie’s done.
7. I thought of a lot more observations when I was drying my hair this morning, but I seem to have forgotten them all in the last few hours. I guess that’s what happens when you go to work…your mind goes numb. Unless you have a cool job, like a professional blogger. Then you probably can’t forget what you were going to write about.